The 11th International Workshop on Knowledge Acquisition Reuse & Evaluation
SITIS 2019 - The 15th International Conference on SIGNAL IMAGE TECHNOLOGY & INTERNET BASED SYSTEMS
26-29 November, 2019 – Sorrento, Italy
Scope of the Workshop
The International Workshop on Knowledge Acquisition, Reuse and Evaluation aims to bring together researchers, scientists, engineers, and scholar students to exchange and share their experiences, new ideas, and research results about all aspects of Knowledge, Ontology, Semantic Web or Knowledge Engineering. We will discuss the practical challenges encountered and the solutions adopted.
This workshop will focus on the theoreticians and practitioners concerned with developing methods and systems that assist the knowledge management process and assessing the suitability of such methods. Thus, the workshop includes all aspects of acquiring, modelling and managing knowledge, and their role in the construction of knowledge-based systems. Knowledge acquisition still remains the bottleneck for building a knowledge-based system. Reuse and sharing of knowledge bases are major issues and no satisfactory solutions have been agreed upon yet.
There is a wide range of research. Much of the work in this field has been knowledge acquisition. The advent of the age of digital information has brought the problem of knowledge reuse and knowledge evaluation. Our ability to analyse, evaluate and assist user in reusing knowledge present a great challenge of the next years. A new generation of computational techniques and tools is required to support the acquisition, the reuse and the evaluation of useful knowledge from the rapidly growing volume of information. All of these are to be discussed in this workshop.
Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
• Tools and techniques for knowledge acquisition, knowledge update and knowledge validation
• knowledge portals
• Web-based approaches for knowledge management
• Agent-based approaches for knowledge management
• Software agents for semantic web
• Semantic web-based knowledge management
• Tools, languages, and techniques for semantic annotation
• Semantic searching
• Semantic brokering
• CSCW and cooperative approaches for knowledge management
• Agent-based approaches for knowledge management
• Evaluation of knowledge acquisition techniques`
• Information and knowledge structures
• Languages and frameworks for knowledge and knowledge modeling
• Ontology creation, evolution, reconciliation, and mediation
• Ontology-based approaches for knowledge management
• Knowledge delivery methods
• Knowledge life cycle
• Knowledge and information extraction and discovery techniques
• Corporate Semantic Webs for knowledge management
• Peer-to-peer approaches for knowledge management
• Knowledge extraction from images/pictures
• Intelligent knowledge-based systems
• Decision support and expert systems
• Re-usability of software/knowledge/information
• Semantic web inference methodologies
Submission deadline: September 9, 2019
Acceptance/Reject notification: October 19, 2019
Camera-ready: October 25, 2019
Author Registration: October 26, 2019
Each submission should be at most 8 pages in total including bibliography and well-marked appendices and must follow the IEEE double columns publication format.
You can download the IEEE conference templates - Latex and MS Word A4 - at the following URL:
Paper submission will only be online via: Easy Chair.
Only pdf files will be accepted. Submissions not meeting these guidelines risk rejection without consideration of their merits.
All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression by at least two reviewers. The organizers will examine the reviews and make final paper selections.
All the papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the SITIS conference proceedings, published by IEEE Computer Society. Content will be submitted to the indexing companies (Scopus, DBLP, etc.) as in previous conference editions. The conference proceedings will be available at the conference.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the workshop. Workshop registration fee is determined by SITIS. A single registration for the workshop or the conference allows attending both events.
Davy Monticolo, Université de Lorraine, France
Anass EL HADDADI, University of Al-Hoceima, Marocco
• Ezendu Ariwa, London Metropolitan University
• Dickson K.W.Chiu, The University of Hong Kong
• Andrew Kusiak, University of Iowa
• Lenka Lhotska, Czech Technical University in Prague, Dept. of Cybernetics
• Yishuai Lin, Xidian University
• Gaelle Lortal, THALES R&D
• Matta Nada, University of Technology of Troyes
• Jose M Parente De Oliveira, Aeronautics Institute of Technology
• Jan Martijn Van Der Werf, Department of Information and Computing Sciences, Utrecht University
• Ernesto Exposito, LAAS-CNRS, INSA Toulouse, University of Toulouse
• Inaya Lahoud, Galatasaray University
• Rahma Dhaouadi, SOIE LI3
• Uwe Riss SAP (Switzerland) AG
Pr. Davy Monticolo, University of Lorraine, France firstname.lastname@example.org
Ass. Pr. Anass EL HADDADI, University of Al-Hoceima, Marocco email@example.com